Dolphyn is the all-in-one data workspace for data analysts and scientists to explore data and build machine learning quickly. We give our users lego blocks that make it dramatically easier to clean, explore and visualize data frames, transform and scale in order to build machine learning models, deploy them as APIs and share results and write-ups with collaborators and stakeholders. Data practitioners can import Jupyter notebooks or start from scratch in our pages that are fully jupyter compatible and work in Python and SQL.
Design is a core part of our product philosophy as data scientists sit very central between product, engineering and the rest of the business. A second layer of complexity is that our users come to us from a variety of backgrounds. There are some 20 million programmers, and some 40 million non-technical folks that work hands on with data — we’re designing for this crowd.
What you’ll do
- Take Product Design off of our CEO’s hands. Being a UX-heavy product, this is now, and will always be, one of the most impactful roles at Dolphyn
- Own product design and collaborate with the CEO, CTO, Engineering team, and our customers to pour their feedback back into the Dolphyn product
- Be involved in every step of the process—defining product, collaborating with PMs, customers, and engineering leads, and researching, prototyping, and scaling design with new systems
- See your design work through from start to finish: turn insights from user feedback into ideas, sketch, and prototype to bring them to life, and ship products and features that make Dolphyn better
- Work closely with our Engineering team to understand how your designs will be built
- Experienced working in digital product design
- Confident shipping interaction design work in web applications
- An excellent visual and written communicator who is able to clearly communicate your design work and the support for your design decisions
- Experienced with advanced prototyping tools (e.g. Figma, Principle, Framer, Sketch, InVision)
- Familiar with cloud infrastructure and have experience with platforms like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Energetic, curious, and eager to learn something new
For more information, please contact email@example.com