Dolphyn is the all-in-one data workspace for data analysts and scientists to explore data and build machine learning quickly. We give our users lego blocks that make it dramatically easier to clean, explore and visualize data frames, transform and scale in order to build machine learning models, deploy them as APIs and share results and write-ups with collaborators and stakeholders. Data practitioners can import Jupyter notebooks or start from scratch in our pages that are fully jupyter compatible and work in Python and SQL.
We are looking for backend engineers to own the application architecture of our system. This is an opportunity for a ground up architecture build for a system that can grow into a impactful and wide ranging set of capabilities if we make good choices at first.
What you’ll do
- Users can write arbitrary Python and SQL in our app – You’ll scale and secure our distributed code execution engine from the ground up
- Architect and scale our scheduled jobs infrastructure
- Optimize the performance of our open-source code execution engine (Jupyter Kernel Gateway)
- Build a reliable and fault tolerant infrastructure to help scale with our ever increasing customer demands
- Architect new services and APIs that power our app and are used by all of our customers.
- Enable a plug and play model with new integrations without the need to restart service or manual upgrades
- Build an integrations framework that supports running declaratively defined integrations without writing code
- Ensure there is zero downtime for upgrades of integrations
- Partner closely with our customers to ensure ease of deployment and operation of the OPA
- Able to discuss and debate strategic engineering / product decisions live with the team
- Experienced in leveraging public or private cloud infrastructure to build and operate cloud native applications and APIs
- An expert in Python, NodeJS, Postgres
- A self-starter driven by customer empathy
- Intimately familiar with SaaS architectures, cloud storage (EBS, S3), security, networking, authentication (OAuth2, SSO) and deployment.
- Highly driven by building features and improvements in a secure, well-tested, and performant way
- BONUS: Experienced in working with systems like Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Redis, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Logstash and Airflow, Datadog
For more information, please contact email@example.com